As a first time Home Buyer you may be exempt from paying the Property Transfer Tax (PTT) if you meet certain criteria

To receive the full exemption

1) Must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident

2) Lived in BC for 12 Consecutive months immediately before registration

3) Never owned an interest in a principal residence, anywhere in the world

4) Have never received a first time home buyers exemption or refund

5) The property must be in BC

6) Must be used as your principal residence

7) Fair market value of 500K or less

8) Be .5 hectares or smaller

Please refer to the British Columbia Government website for Full Details

First Time Home Buyers' Program


Spring may not be the best time to List your Home

Everyone wants to know "When is the best time to List my Home?" 

None of us have a crystal ball, if we did we'd all be millionaires Smile

That being said, everyone also thinks the best time is Spring.

So my question to you is, do you want to list your home when everyone else will be listing theirs? Or, do you want to get out of the gate quicker than everyone else and get a jump on the market?

To make this even better is the fact that we are experiencing low inventory, your property will show up on more searches and be a contender as it won't be competing with as many homes.

Have a read through the following article published by Better Dwelling and contact me if you have any questions.

Get the full article here

Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.